Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You must be married to get a job!

MY COOPERATING TEACHER WAS BACK TODAY!!!! YAY!

The students were a lot better today. They were very attentive. Of course they are a really talkative group, so they still talked more than usual. The students came in and we read. We then worked on short a, e, i, and o today. We focused on the letter e. Like in egg, pen, ten. I got a chuckle out of talking about pen and ten. The teacher said that here in the south we normally say pen and ten like pin and tin.... ha. I immediately realized I do the same thing. I then caught myself trying to speak in a proper accent.
Do you say those words correct?
The students got to write in their journals. We talked about college, so several students wrote about going to college. One student said they would be a teacher afterwards. They are so cute!
They went to library, and then came back to do their math journals.
At lunch I had a student ask if I had finished my lunch. I said yes and he responds telling me I eat really fast. I then realize that he thought I ate when they went to lunch. I had to explain to him that I eat when they go to library.
I also had another student ask if I was married. I told her no, but that I have a "boyfriend" (and that I was getting married since fiance would be a hard word to explain.) The boy sitting across from her said, "Duh she's married because she has to be married before she gets a job.." Wow!
I had recess duty.. Woohoo! So warm outside.
We went inside and continued reading Magic Treehouse #2 book. They love it, and I feel like I am in drama all over again. ha
After that we started math. The students paid attention! We discussed tally marks again, and they got to play paper, rock, scissors! YES!
The day over all was better! Those students make me laugh and smile!
I have realized that I need to get some doctor shoals inserts for my shoes because my lower back is starting to hurt, and I believe it is from no support in my shoes and standing all day long!

Tomorrow we are going over calendar! I can't wait.
Off to write my lesson plans for next week!

1 comment:

Linda Cameron said...

See, I told you today would be better!!! Keep up the good work :)