That felt SOO good! It is done! :)
So today was a good day! The students were good for the most part. I didn't have to wait for them to settle down. I started off the day discussing the mayor because we are doing a service learning project by writing letters to the mayor. He is also coming tomorrow to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the school!
They were really good. I transitioned them from the beginning silent reading time to the carpet! After we got done they went to their seats to write in their journals. Several of them wrote that they wanted to be mayor. ha. We worked on our R blends again getting ready for our decoding test tomorrow. They are getting so smart! I love seeing them understand the concepts. We also read a big book today called "Meanies." They loved it, and said they didn't want to be mean!
They went to pe, and I went to eat. I ate in the cafeteria today because they had their best lunch ever today. Chicken crespedos and CINNAMON ROLES!!! It was the best food ever! :)
The rest of the day Mrs. Prince taught. It was pretty easy going. At the end of the day I was talking to a student, and he told me that his mom could do my hair. He said she could curl it, roll it, braid it. The student next to him said my mom could do it too. She would put it in a swirl on top. I don't really know if she actually does hair. Another girl told me her mom could roll my hair. (Keep in my all three of these students are black... Don't think it would happen.) At the end of school I read books to the students left that were waiting on their bus. Another girl at the end of the day was telling everyone that she loved them as they walked out. All the boys would say, "EWWW."
I then had class from 4:30-6:00...GROSS. It was supposed to be til 7 but luckily she let us out early.
Tomorrow is the schools anniversary so we are celebrating by baking a cake, having an assembly, letting go of balloons. It's going to be crazy, but fun!
Then it's the weekend :) :)
I'm starting to get more sick so hopefully I can get better.... My roommate and fiance both had/have something so I probably got it from one of them. I'm hoping that it will go away soon. I'm still drinking Emergen C so hopefully it will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment