Last night the Kappas (Kappa Chi Men's social club) had a serenade. They go around and serenade all the girls on campus. I am a little sis of them, so we always go with them, and they sing to us too! Well they had one last night WAY after my bed time. I figured I would go to be nice and supportive. I went and was glad that I did. They did a great job. (Even if I got in bed after 12)
So today I went to school a little tired.
I had to go to a kindergarten class to help out a bit at the beginning of the day. I came back in, and they had started reading a book. The book was about a memory box and grandparents. She went around, and asked all the students what they called their grandparents. You had from poppy, grandma, nanny. I thought, and just smiled. I was able to think about my granddaddy and grandma and then my Nana and granddad who passed away. She got to one little girl, and she said I don't have any they're dead. I almost started crying. She's in first grade, and doesn't have any grandparents. I thought about how I miss my two grandparents that passed away, but I had the privilege to know them for 21 years. It made me real sad, and I felt tears well up in my eyes. I sometimes took them for granite, and realized today that we cannot take life for granite. If we have grandparents who are still alive, parents who are still alive, sisters/brothers still alive we need to make sure to spend SO much time with them, and never take life on earth for granite. (Just my little soapbox :))
So after that it was my turn to teach. Dr. Bass' class was in the school observing today and we had a girl observing our class. Dr. Bass also walked in, and I was very afraid she would be in there when I got up to teach again... couldn't handle that today. So the girl observing got to see me teaching first hand.. WONDERFUL.. NOT. ha. During my lesson I cracked down on them a little, but not near enough. I had to ask a boy to leave the class until he could calm down. I walked him out, and as soon as we got out the door he started bawling... I MADE A KID CRY. OMG. ON HIS BIRTHDAY....Luckily a teacher walked by, and said do you want me to take him. Phew. I was almost to the point of tears because I felt horrible. I felt like the meanest teacher ever. I walked back in the classroom, and had to regain composure before I continued. (2nd time I almost cried.)
The rest of the day was crazy. I didn't really do a whole lot, but it was just crazy. I'm thinking on my feet for tomorrow to make sure they have NO down time. I'm going to keep them on their feet.
If you can think of any L blend activities for the class to do let me know PLease! :) (that aren't worksheets ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment