Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fish Sticks???

** yes I know my pictures from my past posts aren't showing up... I'm not sure why. I'll try to fix it.

So... Today was a great day!
I really can't even tell you why. Ha This morning I woke up, and felt GREAT! I was excited about my lesson. I went to school, and the students walked in. They were excited about learning. We began the day by reading as usual. The teacher had me type up the students names, and take pictures of them because she is getting ready for a name center.
I was taking pictures, and laughed the entire time. They would pose for the camera. It was hilarious. After that we had share time. One boy told about his dad coming to see him, and a student asked if he lived with him and he responded with yes... Oh boy. I missed out on reading their writing today because I was cutting their names. After that I lined them up, and took them to library..
During this time I had to run back to my apt because I forgot my lunch. Remember the days of forgetting your lunch. You would always want to call your mom, but couldn't. You then just hoped your mom remembered. If she didn't then you had to eat the dreaded cafeteria lunch... And today that food was fish stick....FISH STICKS. yuck! So I ran back to the apt and grabbed my lunch and my roommates because we both forgot. I made it back in time to eat, and then pick them up from the library. Oh and hand off Kate's lunch to her in passing through the hall.
Then we had math journal time. One girl walked in and said, "YES I LOVE MATH JOURNAL." That made me happy!!!
We checked our math journal then did calendar really quick! Then off to lunch :)
At lunch I sat with the class at the table. They are crazy... :)
During recess there was almost a fight.. Oh boy. But luckily another teacher saw it, and stopped it.
After recess it was story time. They really enjoy story time. It's a great time for them to relax, and cool down from being outside. We finished Magic TreeHouse Book #2! On to #3 tomorrow! (Also great books for parents to get for their children... Or parents to get a graduating student teacher **wink**wink** :) love ya mom!)
Then it was math time!! My turn again! The students came to the carpet, and did a pretty good job. They are very talkative, and I think I am going to have to really buckle down on disciplining them. I've had to send a few to their seats, but I really need to "nip it in the bud" as one of my teachers likes to say! We looked at weather, and dressed our weather bear "Sunny." (they named him..ha) We also got to take a short field trip outside to check the temperature outside! They loved that! I asked the students what we use a thermometer for. One boy raised his hand, and said, "When we bake a cake we use a toothpick to stick in it, and if it comes out clean it is done." He has been in the kitchen plenty of times! That's awesome!
After we were done they headed to their seats, and one boy was walking and randomly said, "I'm getting married after school today... " Oh geez!
They students got free time except for a few. One boy looked at me and said OH NO.... I don't have all my bug bites still. That means I'll probably get a whoopin'... I don't want that."
I wanted to say, "Good maybe you'll learn.." Instead though I had to say, "well maybe tomorrow you'll do the right thing, and not get a bug bite." Ha

Today ended up being a really good day. My teacher and I discussed tomorrow lesson, and made sure I feel prepared because my Supervising teacher is coming to observe me...AHHH

So if you think about me at about 1:00pm tomorrow say a little prayer, and hopefully the students will be on their best behavior! Ha :)

No comments: