Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fake it til ya feel it :)

Oh what a weekend! Friday I left straight from school thinking it was going to be a wonderful weekend... Well. It was for the most part. I met my mom at David's Bridal to try on my dress for the final time with alterations and it fit! Perfect! :) Then we headed to the Bentonville game where they dominated! The next day I woke up, and went to Fayetteville for the Razorback game! So much fun hanging out with my girls that night! And we won!!!

photo.php.jpg


photo.php.jpg

All of us at the game!!!


photo.php.jpg

Blue Man Group showed up!!!


So after the game I headed back home. Got back around 11. Then next thing I know I'm at 3 sick as a dog (I will spare you all the details!) But lets just say that I was awake with everything from 3 til about 1pm (lunch) before I started feeling the slightest bit better.... The rest of that night I just laid around. I slept all night Sunday and woke up Monday around 11am. Yay for sleep! We had lunch with the Pate's! So fun!

I then packed my car back up, and headed back to the delph. Man what a weekend... Wish I would have got everything I planned for done, but oh well...


I got back, and unpacked then headed for bed. I slept horrible though. I just laid there.... and laid there... It was so frustrating. I woke up this morning still feeling blah... I had to get going though. There were 22 1st graders counting on me. I got ready, and fixed myself my breakfast shake and walked out the door.

I got to school, and was trying to "Fake it til I felt it" as one of my professors would tell us. I would stand for a little bit, and feel really bad. I would walk around, and have to sit for a little bit. I was just hoping to make it through the day. Luckily in the mornings I don't do any teaching for right now, so I was able to recoup. I went to lunch, and ate a little bit of it. My appetite still isn't back to normal.

After I ate, and picked up the students from PE I was starting to feel better... Good thing because it was almost my time to teach. I did the Math journal with them, and then we headed to lunch. At lunch the students tried keeping their secrets away from the teachers (This was a trick to keep them quiet) One girl raised her hand and told me... It's not nice to tell secrets... Oh geez.

I lead the students outside for recess, and one little boy stops me, and says, "Do you wanna hear my prayer?" "Thank you Jesus for today, thank you for my food, Amen!"

This week at Perritt they are having elections for Student Council. Several students are running. There are posters everywhere. Some students made them, and others you can tell their parents made them. One that I thought was cute said, "I put the STUD in STUDENT!" Ha. All the students have stickers too, or other things to pass out... Oh my gosh. The kids come in with 10 stickers a day, and then at recess they are still passing out more... The teachers just love this! ha

The students came in from recess, and it was time for me to teach. Good thing I was feeling better! The students got to be explorers in math today, so we played hang man for them to guess my word. They did pretty good after the man had hair, eyes, mouth, nose, hands, shoes.... ha. Explorers is hard word! They loved getting to explore math tools they will use later on.

After that they went to art, and I had a great time talking to a helper in the school. We started talking about Walmart... This is the second conversation I have had. He was very positive the first one was no so positive. The ladies were saying how they hated how big walmart was, and how they kept changing the layout (I wanted to reply you should go up to Bentonville and see the layout there...) ha


The day ended up turning out good! I think my Cooperating teacher has thought of a new plan for the students for behavior. Today was the first day to try it, and it really hit home to some students! So hopefully this will work!


Tomorrow we get to learn about the weather! YES!! :)


No comments: