Tuesday was an okay day. The students were very talkative, and we had to work all the way through center time :( The students were also late to lunch.. (like REALLY late) and I got in trouble for it :(.... I was specifically told, "We CANNOT be this late to lunch EVER again."
I wanted to melt right then and there....
The rest of the day was okay. Long but okay. I did have stuff to look forward too though when I got home. We ordered pizza and had friends over to eat and watch GLEE!!! It was wonderful :) I hope you watched it. If not then you should!
After Glee Kate, Amy, and I headed to Tiger Tunes practice for the eee's to take them cookies. I am so excited for tunes. I walked in, and almost wanted to cry. I kept thinking that I should be the one practicing dancing and singing.... But no :( Oh well. I also can't wait to be done with school and married so... it's worth it.
Today was a better day! I worked to think of ways to keep them focused.. I moved from thing to thing! I also had planned on having the students use hair gel in zip lock bags to write their R blend words. YES! IT WORKED!!! :) They worked really hard during the first part (I kept a tally on when they weren't listening and if I got to 5 then we wouldn't do the activity (they didn't know what it was)) But they only got to 4 so we were able to do the activity. I honestly didn't know what I would do if they got to 5. ha. But I stated the expectations right before I gave them the bags, so they all knew that if they opened the bags then I would take it up, and they would not be able to use them. I had several kids ask where I got the gel, and they were going to go to walmart tonight and get some gel! OH MY! I am going to have several parents call me to ask me what they are talking about. It really worked. They enjoyed the smell of it, and the feeling of it. Hopefully it will help on friday when they test!
I had several students ask me today when I was leaving. Are they celebrating inside when I tell them 2 1/2 weeks? ha.
I also had a girl at lunch say that her stomach wasn't being very nice to her today... OH MY!
It was an overall good day today. I hope tomorrow is better. It's thursday so we shall see!
I'm also not feeling the best. Something is going around, and my throat is starting to hurt. I'm trying to get plenty of sleep, and drinking emergen C!
Friday the school is celebrating it's 50th birthday, so I hope to have pictures from that!
Hope you have a great wednesday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment