I decided to add a picture from the weekend. Miss Arkansas is my own pledge sister Alyse Eady. She had a homecoming lunch on Sunday, so several of us went to support her! I'm so excited for her. I thinks he is going to do a GREAT job at Miss America representing Arkansas.Hopefully she can come visit my class soon too!
On to my day! It was another wonderful day! The students were pretty attentive. During their writing it's so neat to read what they wrote. For example, one boy wrote, "I am a dog." I walked up and asked if he was sure about that. I asked him if he slept outside, and ate dog food. The boy next to him said, "well he is black like a dog." OH MY GOSH... I had NO idea what to say...
During my teach time (phonological awareness stuff) they had a lot of fun. I had them in groups to practice L blends. Some were playing bingo, doing a word search, playing a sight word game, or with me reading a book. After a while they all would switch. They love doing this. :) After we got done we worked on big book, and scrambled sentences. Several of them were talking and goofing off. So I had warned them that if they would goof off now that they were making the choice to come inside during recess to do the lesson then. And you better believe I stuck with it. I ended up having 7 kids come inside during recess to redo the lesson. WOW. Several were mad, but hopefully they learned. After school I talked with my teacher, and she said well... You want to make "believers out of them!" So hopefully that helped! :) It definitely got their attention the first time I started writing names down. ha
Tomorrow is Thursday. Hopefully tomorrow will go as good as today! I'm hoping I won't be bringing in students during recess again.
Off to work on my lesson plans for next week (teaching all morning) and working on R blends!
No comments:
Post a Comment