So last night after I posted we went to walmart... We were walking through, and I saw the girls running around up and down the aisle. I looked and had to stop myself from say, "Walk..."
Wow. You know you're a teacher when you see a child running, and respond with "walk."
Today was a very fun day! The students and school celebrated 50 years that the school has been opened. We started the day off by making hats that said Happy Birthday Perritt. We also then made our own cake. Each classroom did this. It was really fun! The students were VERY excited, and wanted to stand right next to me. We mixed all the ingredients together, and then walked down the hallway together to give it to the cafeteria ladies to put in the oven.
One boy came in later that day, and we were working on stuff. He walks in comes to the carpet, and begins talking. He was messing with stuff in his pocket, and a student says, "He has a fire cracker in his pocket.." I thought.. OH NO! I luckily got the majority of it from him... He then tells me he wants to set off a fire cracker in the school... AH.
Later in the day they brought it back to us to ice (it was strawberry with cream cheese icing!)
We had our decoding test today (spelling) and the students did a lot better this week which means I must have done something right. That made me feel SOOO good! Best moment of the day!
The students went to music today and on the way one of the boys was singing, "Tonight's gonna be a good good night!" ha. They all sing such current songs, and now EVERY single word! It's crazy. Mrs. Prince went to pick the students up from music, and it was NOT very good. They had a substitute, and did not get a good report... For the rest of the afternoon they were silent. They walked in the classroom, and were silent. We worked on math. At lunch they could not talk, and had to come back to the classroom during lunch because they had to finish stuff from music. Mrs. Prince was very upset because the music substitute said this was the WORST class she had all three days she had been there... another student teacher responded with, "It's because she hadn't had ours yet." after I told her what happened.
After lunch/recess and math it was time for the assembly!
Here are some photo's from the wonderful day!
Around 1:45 when we were in the assembly it started to pour.. We were so worried we wouldn't get to do the balloon release. Luckily it cleared up in for about 15 min.
We got back to the room, and were able to eat the cake. I had several students say, "Miss Cameron this cake is AMAZING! You make really good cake. I love your cake." Ha. I felt like I was on cloud 9! I was the best person in the world... for once to these kids. ha
I also found out some information about some of my students today that made me really sad. I found out one students mother came up and was wearing tank top, sweats, flip flops but was looking rough. She was not all there either.... His shirt was from Jamaica, and I asked he got it in Jamaica or a friend got it for him. He said it was from Arkadelphia (which means a thrift store :( It made me really sad. He luckily got a new pair of tennis shoes... After he threw his other pair on the roof.
Another boy I found out was trying to qualify for food given out by the counselors. On the slip of paper you tell where you are currently staying/living... Options are car, trailor, road, shelter, etc and they had put shelter.... He is such a good kid too.
Both of these situations once again made me sad, but also VERY thankful. I am so thankful that God blessed me with two parents who love me and want to take care of me. They care enough to make sure I had everything I needed for school. They cared to help me excel in school. I am so thankful for this. I know mom you read this, so thank you so much for everything you and dad have done for me. I am truly blessed. You would bend over backwards for me, and I appreciate that so much. You made sure I had everything I needed for school! You also loved me and still love me like no other! Thank you SO much. It's hard to remember to thank God and your parents for everything they have done for you. So if you haven't lately take this time to!
I got home, and Kate, Christin, and I headed to Hot Springs. We went to Blu Monkey to eat dinner where I got a bbq pork sandwich.. SO GOOD! We then went and saw A+... It was ok. Some parts funny.. Not sure if I will actually buy it one day. I would definitely say it was a good girls night though.. and much needed after a long week at school!
I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow for once! Hopefully I will not wake up before 10! We'll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment