Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall is here!


I don't believe I have said this yet, but "Happy Fall!" It's officially fall, and I believe that it actually felt like it this weekend!
This weekend was a nice relaxing weekend. I did... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! :) Friday night I went to dinner and a movie with the girls. We ate at the Bleu Monkey in Hot Springs, and then went to see Easy A+.
(I don't think I would recommend it... There were some cute parts, but def. not a movie to go see in the theater) After that I came back and sat around from about 8:30-10, and then headed to bed!
Saturday I laid around all day. I got up of course to watch the Arkansas game, and I wish I would have chosen to sleep.... After the game we had a Ouachita game, and I was hoping for better news from it. The game was INTENSE. We were up of course just like Arkansas at the half. Then the second half game, and what happens but the same thing.... They get ahead. And with 1 minute left we score to get ahead by 3 :) We held them off and WON! Wahoo!
Plus I found out that I get to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC!! It's been my favorite thing since I was a little girl, and always a dream to actually be there not just watch it on TV! I'm so excited!
Sunday I got up and went to church to Second :) Then I came home and SLEPT! I got up last night and worked on all my lesson plans for this week. They are done! Yay!
Today I woke up not ready for the day! I luckily am doing the afternoons this week (so shorter) The students this morning were really good. They walked in and started doing what they needed to be doing (reading/math sheet). They worked on S blends this week, and are catching on. During there writing time as a teacher you learn so much about each student.
For example:
1. My dad and I went to deer came this weekend... (he always writes about hunting or deer)
2. We went to the rodeo this weekend. My uncle roped a cafe.
And then the one that made me want to cry
3. My got put in jail. I am trying hard not to cry
It just broke my heart... It made me realize that he can feel okay in the classroom though, and hopefully not think about the troubles at home.

The students went to music. After music we did a mini lesson on recycling because tomorrow we will be writing letters to the mayor to ask him about having more options for recycling in the community. They did really well, and I was surprised at how much they already knew.
After lunch/recess they came back in for math... And talk about crazy. I wanted to throw my hands up in the air and quit. Right then and there. They just kept talking over me, and I thought I had planned some really fun activities. We are preparing for their test this wednesday that the entire 1st grade must take. We were reviewing for it, and it was crazy. During the lesson come to find out afterwards that one of my students wrote his name on the carpet (the one with the colored squares that most teachers have in the room) with a dry erase marker. OH MY GOSH. I wanted to melt right then. He had to clean it up though, and hopefully his mom will find the note that Mrs. Prince sent home with a picture of it... Geez
By the end of the day I wanted to say forget it. That lesson flopped.
Oh well. I guess there are some days you just have to hope for the best.
Tomorrow the ST are going and observing other teachers, so I'll be out of the class from 8:45 til about 10:30 to observe other teachers in the school. I also am not doing math tomorrow because Mrs. Prince wants to go over testing procedures with the students. It'll be nice to just write the letters tomorrow for a short period of time.
Tonight is Gossip Girl :)
AND
Amy is coming and taking Kate and I to dinner. YES! Such a great friend!!!

No comments: