Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pee.... REALLY???

So yes... I know I didn't post yesterday.. Sorry for all the millions of people that read my blog. (ha) Yesterday was a LONG day. I luckily didn't have to really teach because the teacher wanted to go over math items and a practice test for today. We had an after school team meeting. They are always funny and filled with hershey kisses!! There was a pre-k student that seized last week at school, so yesterday they had a flyer on what to do when someone seizes...
Well let's just say I could have given them the 411, but decided to sit back and listen. The principal asked if anyone in the room (mainly the interns) have seen someone seize or has epilepsy. Luckily another intern spoke up and said that her sister has epilepsy... so I didn't have to expose myself! (Kate told me later that if she would have been there she would have exposed me.. ha)
The rest of the day wasn't to exciting... except for glee!

Today was an eventful day. I was back to teaching in the afternoon. The students took the test this morning, and did very well on it. They listened! :)
After the test a boy in the class said he needed to go to the bathroom well we had just went. We made him wait a little bit. He finally went. About 20 minutes later he said he needed to go... I don't think so. Well we were getting ready to leave for library and walked out. I saw something wet on the floor... Um let's just say we are not sure if he used the bathroom or not... UGH
At lunch they sat pretty quiet, and I had milk spilt on me! Sweet! ha. And the student continued to sit there and watch it pour. UGH. Oh well. It wasn't to bad. (not to much milk)
After recess we stop by the bathroom. Come to find out one of the boys peed in the wrong place on purpose (down a drain in the bathroom).... UGH REALLY???
During math they were very talkative. We looked at nickels and compared them to pennies. They were very distracted by the coins on the desk. They were supposed to see how you can trade 5 pennies for 1 nickel and have less change. Well lets just say they weren't not paying ANY attention so I had to regroup and bring them to work on the carpet. I believe this worked a little. During the lesson I had to get onto several students for goofing off though.. UGH. They had to miss free time. During free time one of the students kept pointing a fake gun at me and shooting. OH GEEZ... She was trying to push my buttons. She can get an attitude sometimes with me. But I hope I showed her that it isn't going to happen in the classroom.

After school the interns got together to talk about different ideas we could use in the classroom. I think I found some really good classroom management tools! For example I am going to try "listening spray" tomorrow. (They get sprayed with febreeze is they are listening and doing the right thing!) It worked for another intern so hopefully it will work.
So lets just say it was a very eventful day, and hopefully tomorrow will go better! ha

I'll leave you with some letters the students wrote the mayors yesterday (supposed to be about recycling).

Dear Mayor, Will nib resciolkg bes.
Dear Mayor, I love you. I c you
Dear Mayor, Owr scoll needs rsikclige bins
Dear Mayor, We ned mer fawer.
Dear Mayor, I love you. You are my fait mayor!
Dear Mayor, Can we have sum rusiciling bens in perritt!
Dear Mayor, Can you come over! Here to see! Miss prince class! If you can if you! kent come can you! come so time!


No comments: