So I apologize.. I know I promised a wordless wednesday last week.. Well my pictures wouldn't load. And so I couldn't have a wordless wednesday without pictures. It would've been a blank blog post. So today is an update on my life + pictures!!!
Here is the picture of the items you need for the chicken pot pie I made last week... Some time ago.
2 cups cooked chicken, 1/2 cup carrots, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1 can cream of chicken, 1 cup chicken broth (cream of chicken and broth were mixed in one bowl) 1/2 cup bisquik, 1 cup milk (bisquik and milk mixed in another bowl), 1 stick butter melted (in the last bowl)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 quart casserole dish. Layer the chicken, eggs, carrots, and peas. Pour the mixed cream of chicken and broth over the lays. Pour the mixed bisquik and milk over the casserole. Drizzle butter over. Bake until brown (30 t0 40 min).
I realized this was sideways after I posted it.. Bu this is where Samantha stays while I cook.. (We have had to move the rug now because she likes to chew on it)
This is what the chicken pot pie looks like before it is in the oven
This is after. It was REALLY good. Probably not the healthiest, but sooo good!
This past weekend we headed on our first road trip. One of Nathan's friends got married Friday, so Friday morning we headed up to the St. Louis area. We had loaded the car, and were getting ready to print the directions out when I look over and Samantha is chewing on a cord. I tell her to "leave it" which is our new phrase with her. She doesn't of course, and I go over to her... She has chewed all the way through it. We now have no internet. Luckily Nathan had another cord, so we were able to get it all back up and running, so we could print the directions. So we are off now! We were puttin' along, listening to music, watchin' Samantha in the back seat in her crate. Everything was going GREAT! We were out in the middle of nowhere southern Missouri looking for a gas station soon because we were getting low. All of a sudden Nathan freaks out and jerks the car to the side of the road. I couldn't figure out what was going on.... He said the car is over heating, the car is over heating. The light had come on, and the arm was pointing to the RED! Oh my! So he pops the hood and the car was out of the coolant "stuff." Keep in mind we were in the middle of nowhere. Did I mention that? I'm on the phone trying to figure out where a service station could be when a guy on a four wheeler comes up to talk to Nathan. He lets him know that there is a service station about 100 yards right around the bend. So we get back in the car, and head that direction.
This is what we came upon:
We were out in the middle of NOWHERE!
Well Barton's was able to help us out. There was a hole in the pipe, and they luckily were able to replace it. The guy had to go "into town" to get antifreeze to replace the stuff that leaked out (which was all of it) He then had to call "into town" to see if they had the pipe/tube. They didn't, but luckily he found something that "would work" in his place. About an hour and half later we were back on the road with 2 hours to go and the wedding starting in an hour.
Let's just say we missed the ceremony.. We were able to make it to the reception.
The plan was to stop at the place where we would be staying the night to change and get ready with plenty of time to relax. Well with the car problem we didn't have time or a key. We ended up stopping at the first gas station we saw. We ran inside and changed in out nice attire.. Let's say that was the first time I changed into a dress in a gas station bathroom.
We headed to the reception. When we got there we parked....
AND GOT STUCK IN MUD...
We did get the car out, but it took 3 guys to push it out. Man what an eventful day.
Here's a picture of us after the wedding... Sorry my eyes look so bug eyed.
The next morning we woke up and headed to St. Louis to see some friends. We got there around lunch time. We decided to head to the St Louis Zoo. It was such a nice day to be at the zoo, and see all the animals!
We headed back that afternoon, and rested at the apartment of our friends. That night they headed to a roller derby match, so Nathan and I decided to head a few blocks over to a nice restaurant to eat. We then walked back after visiting a few shops.
The next morning we woke up, and went to breakfast. It was a place called crepes. They had some great breakfast there.
I decided to get a crepe (since it's the name!) Mine was a "sweet" crepe.
It was filled with nutella, homemade whip cream, and strawberries! Let's just say it was
AMAZING!
My lovely crepe. So much I couldn't eat it all!
Maria, Me, Nathan, and Ben at crepes!
We then headed home after such a great weekend!
Today has been a great day as well. I was able to teach a 1/2 day for 4th grade. The teacher told me that the students liked me so much that she has me on her "request" list now! YES!!!! :D
After work I headed to Borders since they are having a going out of business sell in hope to get a few children's books. They were highly picked over, but I was able to get 3 children's books: Dear Mr. Henshaw, Mania Magee, and a Research Guide book the goes along with a Magic Tree House Book! It was great!
Then Samantha and I headed to puppy class again tonight. She was a lot more vocal tonight, and barked quit a bit. I was highly embarrassed because she wouldn't stop. She was definitly more playful this week though. We talked about toys, and how some can be very bad for dogs, and then we did some agility activities. The dogs had to step over bars, sit on a platform, go through a tunnel, and then walk across the balance beam. Samantha did a GREAT job. Even the trainer said so herself! :D
She of course is pooped now which is always nice. We don't have it next week because of Spring Break, so I am going to have to find something else for us to do.
I will try and be better this week about posting. It just hard having her because she is at the stage where she's got the potty thing now but she just wants to chew on EVERYTHING.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and a great start to the week! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment