Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Did you borrow Miss M.'s clothes?

The calzones turned out GREAT! They were really really good! Nathan raved about them.
So yesterday afternoon I took Samantha over to my parents to play with my parents dog Suzy. Samantha is now about the same height of Suzy, so it was really funny to watch. Samantha always try to get under bigger dogs for some odd reason... Well she used to be able to do that with Suzy, but now she can't. It was hilarious to watch.

While there she drank TONS of water, and I think she got sick from it. She threw up a few times while there, and then we came home and she was acting funny. She was obviously laying down a lot because she was tired, but then she did something really weird. We were laying around, and she got up to move positions. I looked under here, and there was a HUGE wet spot under her like she had gone pee. I of course became really nervous. We began to read about it, and of course you read stuff like UTIs, etc.....

We called the vet, and the vet said she should be fine... She could've just had to much water and couldn't hold it while laying down (it's common in puppies)... Luckily we are going Saturday to take her, and if it gets worse we can go in earlier.

So this morning I went to sub for a kindergarten class at a new school. I'm subbing for them until Friday, so I was really hoping they were a good class. (yes they are!) I woke up this morning, and could NOT get out of bed. This dark thing at 5:45am isn't cool. It was still dark when I got to the school, and school started at 7:15am. Man.. I would hate to be a little kid. They all were complaining they were tired. DUH! (sorry I could go on about starting school for the little ones at 7:15am, but I won't) I get there and got to meet the principal which made me excited because I haven't met a principal of a school yet. I wanted to pull out my resume and hand it to him, but not sure that was the right time.

Well my class walks in, and they are so cute. They kept looking at me, and would just smile! :D
So I decided to post some funny things that happened/were said today:
1. They constantly asked me my name. (I think they were searching for my first name because they then told me their moms names was Sandy, Brenda, etc)
2. I got asked if I borrowed their teacher's clothes. I jokingly said yes, not thinking they would really believe me. Another boy in the class then came back later, and said, "Did you really borrow Miss M.'s clothes." ha
3. The picture below is what I wore today. I had several questions about my belt. I had them first ask what it was. How it worked. Then one little boy said well why are you wearing it... To hold up your clothes? HA
(I feel like a pregnant lady taking pictures of my belly... No dis to those that do.. I just don't normally take pictures of myself in a mirror)
4. I got told they loved my flower. Their moms wear them sometimes
There were many other things they said... I just forgot. I need to keep a notebook by me, and write things down.

As I was leaving today I again saw the principal, and he asked me how my day was. He then asked if they'd see me tomorrow! Maybe by Friday I could bring in my resume....
I had to leave you with a picture of the sweet little girl... She is learning to pose for pictures! (You're welcome mom)
She also is learning to shake, and fetch a ball!

My grandaddy is coming in this week (tomorrow actually) He is bringing my nana's china cabinet for me to put her china in. I'm super excited!!!! :D
Saturday the family is coming over here, and I am cooking for them! WOW.. That's crazy.
But I am wondering if you have any recipes I should use... I'm kinda drawing a blank, so maybe you guys could suggest some and i'll find one! (desserts are welcome too!)

As I would say during Student Teaching semester...
IT'S HUMP DAY! :D

No comments: