Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Calzones... or not so calzone

So this afternoon I got started on dinner pretty early. That way it would be out of the way. Since I didn't have to sub.
*On a side note though I got 3 more days for this week. So that means I will have subbed 3 1/2 days for the entire week!!! And for another school, so it will hopefully help me get in, and get my name around.*
Back to the cooking:
Well I figured this would be an easy challenge. Calzones. I mean come on who couldn't make one. Well.....
This girl can't!
Don't get me wrong I'm sure they are going to taste great for dinner, but they look nothing like a calzone you would get from pizza hut, johnny brusco's, gusanos, etc.
It is a great recipe, and really easy to make. Not to time consuming. They have you use ground turkey which has become something I enjoy cooking with. It is supposed to be healthier for you.
Here is a close up of one of them... Hmm. Definately not going to have my own cooking show anytime soon.
Here is the recipe for the Tex Mex Calzones
Maybe they will turn out "looking" better for you! I'll post tomorrow *hopefully* and let you know how they taste!
How can I not leave you with a picture of the pretty girl! I had to put her in her kennel because she was going crazy while I was trying to cook. She hates going in, but once she gets in she is perfectly fine. Today has been a better day with chewing. We have gotten a spray to spray on things that she can't chew on. The corner of the table in the living room she still enjoys chewing on it, so we heard tabasco sauce works. We tried it....
SHE LOVED IT! oh gosh. She licked it off, and then went biz-irk of course, but then kept going back for more... Oh my gosh. Maybe she really doesn't like it since she went biz-irk because it made her feel different. Hopefully she won't go back to it... We'll see.
She is so good. We are teaching her to stay until we tell her to come. It is working really well. I'll have to video her and show you as well as let you know how dinner tastes tonight!

It's the inside not the outside that counts!

1 comment:

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

they look good!!!

and trust me, it takes time but "leave it" works! Sadie knows to leave her toys at the door in the garage after playing outside now! Samantha will get it!!