Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Talkative Tuesday

So today is going to be just a talkative Tuesday.
I haven't uploaded my pictures from the past week or so.. So therefore we won't have any pictures.

Let's catch you guys up on our lives...
Well I have been very busy with the puppy. An update on her:
She has seen the vet. Everything is normal. Her potty training is going great! We are constantly having to just ask if she needs to go out, but she is doing better at going to the door. (It takes time) We also are doing better with her in her crate. She doesn't whine near as much anymore. She is more willing to go in, and stay in! It's bee nice. She is still struggling with chewing on things around the house, but we are just constantly giving her things to chew on instead.

Nathan is in love with the deep fryer... He had made funnel cakes, deep fried oreos... Everything that is so Healthy for us... haha.

Last week was really nice weather wise. I was able to take Samantha walking on our trail around the lake twice. It was really good for her. She was able to interact with other dogs and people plus it wore her out!
I got to work twice last week. I was in 3rd grade and 1st. The 3rd grade class was wonderful. I have come to love the older grades. I have also come to love the school that I have been in.

The past weekend we didn't do a whole lot. Friday Nathan and I worked, so we hung out Friday night. Saturday we slept in which was awesome. We then went to a Frisbee golf course in Rogers with some friends. We took Samantha with us, so she could run around and play. She crashed when we got home. Sunday we went to church. Friday I came down with something. I have been sneezing, and had a stuffy nose. So Sunday I had gotten worse that I just stayed home and rested after church. Still confused on what I have. Who knows.

Yesterday I worked, and had 4th graders. They were wonderful! They were very cooperative, and listened. I got to teach them about fractions and decimals. They had to change them into the other. Wow. I never thought this would be so confusing. Especially since they left it with a sub. Well good thing I have a degree in teaching... ha. And know how to do it. I worked with them for a while practicing it. 1/2 way in to it.... I finally started to see light bulbs go off! It was WONDERFUL! I love those teaching moments!

After school I came home for a little down town before I took Samantha to puppy school! We headed down there (Fayetteville) I was a little skeptical because I didn't know a lot about this place. When we got there Samantha was going CRAZY! She was a crazy dog. The first 20 min. of the class the puppies get to play with each other. It was a really good time for her. She really enjoyed it. After they play we got back and get our puppy, and the owner talks about specific topics with puppies. Samantha wouldn't calm down. She kept pulling on the leash choking herself, or whining. I was so embarrassed. Finally about 2 min. before it was done she laid down. We then played pass the puppy. We sit in a circle and "pass the puppies." This is good to interact them with people. Of course she was snipping at people. (We talked about this issue tonight, so hopefully we will stop that) After we were done we headed home. She slept the entire way! Then when we got home she still crashed.

We have started today practicing not snipping at people. We have to hold her collar and then hold her mouth closed. A lot of times I feel like I am being so mean because she whines or tries to pull away, but I know it will help soon. Several of the other pet owners said they had to do this too, and it was stopped in about 3 days!

She has been a really good puppy today!! And I can't wait until next week to learn more about what to do to help her learn, and be a great dog!

Tomorrow I promise to do a Wordless Wednesday post with pictures from the past week! Hope you had a great weekend! :D

No comments: