So I am going to rant a little bit in this post...
We have a lovely puppy that came into our lives about 3 months ago! She is great! Fun! Brings excitement to our lives! The best companion!
Well... Let's just say she wasn't this way 3 months ago...
I knew it wasn't going to be easy potty training a puppy to go outside to use the bathroom. I mean really??? Go to the door, telling us you need to go, then go. Who does that?
Well after a few weeks we finally got it down. We had to constantly stay on her though. Taking her out every few hours or even minutes if needed. So we pretty much conquered the whole bathroom deal...
Well then she started teething... OMG! Let's say I have never said the words "LEAVE IT" in my life as I have the past 3 months. She was chewing on EVERYTHING.. The coffee table (which now is missing a chunk) to the carpet.. Geez. Well good to know we pretty much conquered that. She still chews on stuff (like shoes) if she gets ahold of them.
She also has been a great dog in learning new tricks. She learned her name (which I found out is very important.. and she didn't know it when we went to puppy class even though we used it all the time. ha) She knows how to sit, lay down, shake, and high five! She's a very smart dog!
BUT.......................
She has now hit 5 months, and in our puppy training class (that we graduated from a few weeks ago) told us that at 5 months they become bad again, and we will all want to return them. Well for some reason I didn't believe this. I figured Samantha was the angel dog. She was amazing! she had learned everything so fast. Well I was mistaken. It has all happened within the past few days. She LOVES to run from us. If we go outside she must be on a leash or she will run from us and it takes forever to come back. She has forgotten EVERYTHING we have taught her. ESPECIALLY WITH THE BATHROOM.... The past few days have been a nightmare. She is going potty EVERYWHERE. We got her a new bed to lay on upstairs instead of having her crate up here.. and what is she doing, but pottying (I know this is not a word) on it MULTIPLE times in a day. She also is going in the house MULTIPLE times in a day.
Now... don't get me wrong. I love her to death. I love when she lays on the couch with me in the afternoons and we watch TV. I love when she greets me at the door and wants to hug me and lick me (or when I get her out of her crate)... She is so sweet... and big.. and loveable!
This 5 month stage thing though is killing me and it's only been a few days that this has started. I have heard it can be a short time or a pretty long time (like the toddler stage in children) I'm really hoping it's short! We are also leaving in about a week and a half, and having to leave her at the vet. I'm scared we will come back, and she'll be EVIL child for us because we left her.
I have to keep reminding myself that the potty training stage didn't last long, so maybe this stage won't either!! :D (I feel like I'm a parent typing about my child...ha)
No comments:
Post a Comment