So time to update you on the weekend, and begin my blogging for the week!
Friday night we just hung out. Nothing to exciting.
Saturday we headed over to a friends house to eat lunch and hang out. Nathan and Christina (yes both husbands are name Nathan..ha) grilled out for us. They also have a puppy that's about 5 months old, so we decided to take Samantha with us. They hung out in the backyard AND HAD A BLAST!!!!! It wore her out. When we got home.... well before we got home she crashed in the car. (sometimes I feel like I am talking about a kid here..ha)
Sunday we went to church, and then headed over to the del Rio's for lunch. After lunch we played a game called Catan. They love it. It's a type of board game. I wasn't the greatest at it! We then went and picked up Samantha, and headed out.
We decided to take her to the dog park here in Bentonville. We've been wanting to take her there for a while, but you have to be at least 4 months old. And it's always been pretty cold or rainy.
So last night we took her to the dog park AND SHE LOVED IT!!
Here she is riding to the dog park. She loves sticking her head out the window... Sometimes we laugh because she tries to bite the air!
At the dog park she was able to play with several dogs. One her size that was perfect. She was really good. She didn't snap at any of the dogs (which I was nervous about because she had done that with dogs in puppy class). We played for a while, and then headed home to watch Tangled!! (I love Redbox!)
Today I didn't have to work, and Nathan went in at 12. So we hung out around the house for a little bit this morning. I decided that I would take Samantha back to the park. She is at the age where she needs a way to let her energy out... And we don't have a backyard for her to run around in.
Here we are at the dog park. Nathan was able to stop by while they were in between calls.
When Nathan had to leave she followed him along the fence.. and then whined after he was gone... But she soon forgot that he left.
Running!!!
Such a happy puppy!
Not to many dogs were there today that were her size. A lot of them were in the bigger size dogs (30 lbs or more) A few came in on our side, but they weren't very playful. She didn't really want anything to do with them because of it. We did take a tennis ball, and she was able to run and chase it!
She came home and crashed!! It was so nice. She wasn't near as rowdy, and she was able to get exercise without being on a leash!
I'm hoping to be able to take her the rest of the week too if weather permits
(until we leave for California that is!)
I officially LOVE dog parks. Now they can get ruined don't get me wrong due to people that don't pick up after their dog, or if owners don't watch their dog and they become dangerous. But I think I will be headed there a lot this summer to help Samantha get a lot of her exercise!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment