Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Poetry

Last night we got together for a double baby shower for some girls in our sunday school class. It was so much fun to get together with some girls, and hang out! I took a fruit tray from Walmart! If you've never gotten one there they are amazing! They have a "vanilla bean" flavored dip that is to die for! You should definitely try it!

So I have had a blast subbing this past week and half for 4th grade!
They are so fun... even when they TALK ALL THE TIME! Ha.
I can't believe I only have 2 more days with them. It has been fun feeling like I am teacher, and have my own classroom.
So the past week we have been working on Poetry. They have young author's day on Friday, so the entire school is writing books. The 4th graders are making poetry books. So, we have written several different kinds of poems: limerick, shape, color, tonka, haiku....and several other.

Each day we talk about 2 more poem styles, and then practice writing them together. I wish I would have taken pictures of all of them because a lot of them were written about me.
Well today... we were writing an acrostic, and they decided to write it about me... again
Here's what they came up with:
You have to excuse the writing... I was writing it down quick, and on a smartboard... Not the easiest to write neat on. They learned that my last name meant "of the river" in spanish, so everything that describes me has to mention water or rivers... ha

It has been fun. Friday we are having a "poets corner" with the other 4th grade classes. It is going to be so much fun to hear all the other poems students have written!

So I don't want to jinx anything, but Samantha has been much better today. (Back to her normal self) Hopefully it will continue the rest of the night. We have also ordered her a bigger crate today, so she will not longer be squished in her crate all the time. She's getting so big.

**Also I would like to point out (mom) that I have written on my blog for the past 3 days... THAT'S 3 DAYS IN A ROW!! So much better than I have been.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Thank you for being current :)