So today is show us your alma mater over at kellyskorner.blogspot.com
I normally don't link up on her show us your life things because I don't really have a whole lot to say about them, but I figured I could definately talk about my alma mater especially since I just graduated in December. So it is fresh on my mind.
I went to the same school that Kelly went to: Ouachita (wash-i-taw) Baptist Universtiy in Arkadelphia! So enjoy my pictures as I reminisce! :D
I am still really close to all of my girl friends from school. Several of them were in my wedding this past January! I love that when we get together we are still as close as we always have been!
All of my friends senior year decided to go on a cruise! It was so much fun to hang with friends!
Homecoming is a big deal at Ouachita too. This is some of my good friends at the game.
(yes I have an Auburn blanket!!! :D)
TWIRP is another big thing at Ouachita. (The Women is Required to Pay) The girls take the guys out on fun little nights at school. There are different nights like 50s, 80s, Barn party, etc.
I was able to share my engagement with my club (kinda like a sorority) We did what we called a "blow out" They pass a candle around/sing a song and when the candle gets to you then you blow it out! :D

Tiger Tunes is a big deal at Ouachita. The clubs choose a them, and then rewrite lyrics to songs and perform it. (It's kinda like Baylor Sing if you have heard of it) One of the best things at Ouachita! :D

All of my pledge sisters on our first letter day :D

I was a lil sis of the guys club on campus KX!
I love remembering the fun I had at Ouachita. It was the best choice for me. My brother and sister n law both went there. I looked in to it, and wasn't sure if I wanted to go there because my brother went there, but when I visited it felt like home. It was 4 hours away the perfect distance, and small enough were I didn't feel like another number.
I love meeting other people that have gone to Ouachita because we all have similar stories to share with each other, or we know what the other person is talking about when we mention something that happens on campus!
It was the best choice for me, and it will be a choice I will never regret. I love the memories and the friends that it has left me with! :D
2 comments:
LOVE seeing your pictures!!!!
Glad you linked up! Hope you are loving married life!! :-)
Great reading about your fun OBU memories. My husband and I both graduated from OBU in 1991, and have such wonderful memories of our college years! I was an EEE and he was a Beta! Fun, fun times!
A senior year cruise sounds like such a fun idea! :)
Post a Comment