So here is a post about a bunch of RANDOM stuff. A lot are fun simple food recipes/snacks. So I hope you enjoy!
Nathan's favorite thing to make recently is guacamole! I decided to share his recipe for it since there are several different ways to make it. We make it the way the guy on our honeymoon made it for us!
After you get the avocados out of the shell (We usually use 1 or 2) But depending on how much you want to make will affect how many you use. Mash it up in a bowl. We don't mash it real hard because we like it still a little chunky not pasty.
Cut about 4 slices of a tomato (or more if you like a lot of tomato) And mix in with the avacados.
Add about half a white onion, and a fresh jalepino
This picture also shows one of my favorite knives. We got it as a wedding gift, and it came with 4 different knives for different things. This is one of them. It cuts awesome! It's some japanese knife (purkomachi)
Add a few drops of hot sauce... (He would add more if I liked things spicy)
Add cilantro and fresh squeezed lime!
The final guacamole mixture!
Enjoy!
Nathan and I one snow day!! :D
This is probably my favorite dessert to make and take places (so I don't eat them all myself) Oreo balls!!!!
They are really simple. You need a package of oreos, a block of cream cheese, and almond bark.
You crush the oreos into a bowl, and then mix in the cream cheese until it becomes one big ball. I put it in the refrigerator for a little bit to help it not be as sticky. I pull it out of the refrigerator, and melt the almond bark (an entire thing of it) I roll the oreo mixture into little balls and dip them in the almond bark. (Be careful with the almond bark... You can easily burn it) After I have all of them made I stick them in the freezer to help them harden. THEN ENJOY!!! :D
Here is another sweet snack I made. It's really simple. Pop a bag of popcorn (mine had butter in it) then melt some blocks of almond bark. (I did 6 blocks for 2 smalls bags of popcorn) Drizzle over the popcorn then add then m&ms. It's so good! :D
Here is a flower I made to go in your hair... I'll post a picture tomorrow of it actually in my hair. I can't figure out if I'm in LOVE with it... It was kinda a trial and error thing, so maybe next time I make it the flower will be better. But for the first time I think it's ok!
We are headed over for breakfast (Nathan has never had breakfast for dinner) and mexican train dominoes tonight with my family!
I love mexican train dominoes!
What are some of your favorite games to play with your family?
And does your family eat breakfast for dinner or is it strictly only for breakfast or brunch?
2 comments:
We are having breakfast for dinner tonight! and I love that popcorn! Reminds me of our outing to Austin when we made so much of that stuff! Good ole roomie days! I love all the recipes you are sharing I can never thing of things to cook!
Ana every time I read your blog it makes me hungry! Ha! Yuuum!
Post a Comment