Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another wonderful snow day!

Well it is another snowy day in beautiful NWA. It was been fun relaxing today with my husband. We have taken it easy. We ate breakfast/lunch... Watched the final Star Wars movie... wahoo I've fulfilled the wife duty... (and they weren't as bad as I thought).. We went and played in the snow, and are now relaxing. Here's some pictures + a recipe from the other night!

This is a picture of the hamburger casserole I made the other night. It is a really simple meal.
You need: Hamburger meat, french cut style green beans, tomato soup, american cheese, and mashed potatoes (I use the boxed mashed potatoes)
You brown the meat then mix the green beans and tomato soup. You spread it out in a dish I used a pyrex dish, but it was spread thin so next time I'm going to use a smaller dish. You put a layer of cheese on top (like the above picture) then you top it with mashed potatoes. You put it in the oven at 350 until it starts to bubble!
Really easy!!!! :D
This is Nathan making breakfast this morning on our griddle... Bacon and pancakes. He then made himself some friend eggs.
Me getting ready to go out in the snow... Ignore that I look hideous (but I was warm):D
A picture from our front door. My car was gone....
Picture of ruler out in the snow.... It measured like 13", but we think it wasn't touching the ground.... They predicted 2" to 4" ha... Supposedly other places got more... Like 22"....
Smiley face from the snow on my car!
Nathan in a pile of snow
We tried the cool jumping pictures... but clearly this is the best we got. I felt like I was getting so high off the ground...
Max out in the snow.. He was having to hop to get back to the house

I also got the privilege to sub yesterday. It was fun to be back in the classroom. I really love it. One really cool thing that the teacher did was had the students wear tshirts with their names on the front and back (she just hand wrote them on a white tshirt) This was a huge help for me with knowing names. She may have used them for field trips too, but I was so thankful for them!! :D teachers out there this may be an idea you could use!

It has been another exciting snow day around good ole NWA. I'm so ready for spring, but it has been nice to have my husband at home!!! :D
Hope everyone is staying warm!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Wow! I just cannot get over that snow!!!! Please tell your family hello for me! I wanted to also tell you that Russell and I might move back to Bentonville! He's been trying to get a job up there for a couple months now, we are praying about it! Maybe when w move we will be in Sunday school together and choir too! :)