Here begins the pictures of the past weekend!! :D
Here is our chicken dinner the other night from the most famous Rachel Ray!
The chicken was really good, and we had a total of 4 chicken breasts so it worked great for left overs! I had green beans with it, but you can do whatever for sides!
Recipe:
4 medium (quart sized) plastic food storage bags
4 6 to 8 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I just did regular frozen chicken breasts)
1 5 ounce bag of salted pretzels, any shape 2 cups milk
1 tbls fresh thyme leaves, chopped 2 cups grated extra sharp cheese
ground black pepper 2 heaping tbls spicy brown mustard
2 eggs Coarse salt
Vegetable oil, for frying 1/4 fresh flat leaf parsley leaves chopped
2 tbls unsalted butter 1/4 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2 tbls all purpose flour 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 large sour dill pickle, finely chopped
* so on all the fresh "stuff" like thyme, parsley, etc I used the stuff that is in my spice rack (so not all fresh)
Sprinkle a little water into the food storage baggies. Place 1 chicken breast in each bag and seal it up, pushing out excess air. Use a small mallet to pound until flat, almost busting out of the bag. Repeat with other 3.
Place the pretzels in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer into shallow dish and add thyme and pepper. Crack and beat 2 eggs in second dish with a splash of water. Work with 1 chicken at a time, coat the breast in pretzels, then eggs, then pretzels again. Preheat large skillet with 1/4 inch of vegetable oil, add the chicken breast to the hot oil. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. (I think mine took longer)
While chicken is frying, in a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the flour to it. Cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk. When the milk comes to a bubble, stir in the cheese and mustard with a wooden spoon. Season with a little salt and pepper and remove from heat.
Transfer the chicken to serving plates, drizzle with the sauce and then sprinkle with parsley, finely chopped onions, and finely chopped pickles. Sever immediately with lemon wedges alongside.
Here is our Kitty, Max outside.. Nathan really enjoyed putting him out in the snow!
Here's all the ingredients. It's for 4 servings. (I went on allrecipes.com and plugged in the servings) I got 8 cups of snow, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla, and 1 cup milk. I put the milk in last! :D
Here is the final look of the snow cream all mixed together! I put it in the freezer to keep it good, and we still have some left over! Now you can all try it when the snow hits again Wednesday!
This was in our room with sweet goodies in it! And is SOOO true!
Here's my awesome group of girls this weekend! They are so precious. (Yes they all look way better than me... I don't do well on little sleep anymore. ha)
This was a great weekend learning that we are all princess' of our glorious King. The almighty king who truly cares about us for who we are. He doesn't care what we look like. We are perfect in his eyes! :D
All Glorious is the Princess!! :D
*Tonight I am making Hamburger Casserole (A favorite from when I was a little girl... Ok from when I lived at home! :D) I'll post pictures soon of this EASY recipe for a yummy dinner!*
1 comment:
Love the recipes! String of Pearls retreat sounded wonderful, Ana! So neat you got to be a part of it! Wish I could have been there!
Post a Comment