Wednesday, November 10, 2010

IT'S HUMP DAY!!!

Today is Wednesday!!! It has been a pretty good week so far.
Monday was good. It's busy as normal with students going here and there. I started Math this week, so this was new and exciting. Monday was a general good day. (i guess besides the poop incident)

Tuesday came, and it was another good day. Busy but good. I came home from school and was DEAD! I couldn't figure out why though. I then looked back over my day, and realized that I had taught almost the entire day. The only part of the day I didn't teach was the first hour or so because they were taking their TLI test. We also found out yesterday that one of our boys left school. Mrs. Crow called home, and the dad answered. He said that on Friday the mom up and left with the kids. They moved to Hot Springs. It was so sad. I kept thinking about how he would always talk about what he did with his dad. How we rode the tractor with his dad. It was very sad to think that he was no longer with him. I am so grateful for parents who are still together, and love each other.

Wednesday was a day! I woke up this morning to a lovely text message telling me that my Cooperating teacher was not going to be at school today. I didn't freak out because I knew my students respected me and saw me as an authority figure. I came in this time strong and stern so they would view me as a teacher/authority figure too. I got to school ready to face the day. The students were about to walk in, and I remembered their lunch cards... They were down in Mrs. Crow's box..AHH A mess to their structure. I had a student go down in get them, but I felt like the students were crazy from then on for a little bit because of my mess up. The sub walked in a few minutes after the students got there. They then became crazy talking to the sub.. I had them so calm... UGH. The day then began... Before the morning show started one student got poked in the eye by a pencil... Oh geez . I just knew today was going to be exciting.
I finally got them in their seats, and working. I wasn't going to take the talking and doing nothing just because Mrs. Crow wasn't there. I was the teacher today. The sub was there yes... but I taught all day. The sub was there just for crowd control/discipline. For the most part the students were very good. They were a bit more talkative than normal, but they were good. I had one boy cry 2 times today because he said he wasn't smart and couldn't do his work. The last time was during their science test. I had to encourage him the entire time. I feel like he is told that he is not smart all the time at home, but he really had great potential.
I felt like I was the meanest person today, but I was just stern because I had to make them believe I was in charge.. I definitely learned that from my first rotation. I enjoyed teaching them today "all by myself." They did a great job!

I am really tired after today.. after teaching all day. Hopefully Mrs. Crow will be better and be back tomorrow with us! There were several things we didn't do today because I still haven't learned how to do them like reader's workshop/writer's workshop..

I hate these posts without pictures. Hopefully this weekend I will have more posts with pictures from my Bentonville shower and Courtney's dance competition!!

No comments: