Monday, July 11, 2011

c25k

So since I have been a HORRIBLE blogger... I have decided to write and update you with what's going on. Now pictures in this post today. Hopefully the next time I post there will be pictures from camp as well as Nathan's homecoming (which is WEDNESDAY!!! :D)

So update....
I got home from camp and was EXHAUSTED. It was a blast though. I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with the students and really hanging out with the Lord. Ever since camp I have had this passion, and it's been great!!! I got a book from the speaker at camp called "Hurt Healer." It talks about how we are put on this planet to be hurt healers. We are here to help people not only in difficult times, but help them find the way to Heaven. It's been a great book, and truly opened my eyes to the world around me.

My birthday has come and gone. I am another year older. The good ole 23... 2 more years and I'll be 25. I remember thinking I would never become 20.... or never be in college... or never be married... Wow. And to look where I am now. Those things seemed like they would never get here when I was 12, 14, 16, and 18...

For my birthday my parents are letting me go to Georgetown Cupcakes (also known as DC Cupcakes on TLC) to get cupcakes and see where they are!!! EEK! :D

This past week has been pretty chill. We went and saw my brother in Branson. Which was nice since I hadn't seen him since my wedding (so about 6 months). We will get to see them though in about 2 weeks when we head up there for vacation!!! (And see Kristen's baby bump!!!!! :D)

I have also been working on my classroom. I have my super hero "kids" cut out. I am collecting things left and right! I want to find a superhero cape to display in the classroom! (Like a made one with my initial on it) I am borrowing the COOLEST machine EVER!!!! It's called a Cricut! It's what a lot of scrapbookers are using, but it's like an electronic die cut machine (for those that are teachers.. or if you just know what that is) I put the paper in, and it cuts the letters for me!!! I believe it is what I want for Christmas!! :D

In other news: I had to take Samantha to the vet.. She had a rash/blister on her leg. (I was soo hoping it wasn't fleas) Well it wasn't. But we aren't sure what it is. It's some kind of bacterial infection just not sure how she got it! So she has lovely med. and spray that she has until it gets better! Good thing is.. We have only been using everything for about 4 days now, and it's looking a lot better! :D

This week has begun our VBS at church... So I am working in the morning with that!

And last but not least... I have started TODAY... my c25k (Couch to 5k) journey. I am posting this on here so I know I will be accountable. (like a lot of people do.. which is VERY smart) Today was my first day. Day One, Week One. And I have survived! I've always thought it would be cool to run a 5k, but never really enjoyed running.. struggled with running..
So I have heard a lot of people talking about the c25k journey. Every thing's been real positive, and I've wanted to start for a while.. so today was the day.
I began walking "briskly" for 5 min. Then I alternated 60 min. of jogging and 90 min. of walking for about 20 min.
AND I SURVIVED!!!
I won't lie. I struggled a little towards the end. (did I mention I don't run...)
But I think that by the end of the week it will be better, and I'll be ready for week two!
I can't wait to say that I can run a 5k.. and sign up for my first!

I know that this was a bunch of words... BUT I had been lost from the blog world. (besides reading because I've been glued to all my new teaching blogs)
Hope to include pictures in my next post!

Over and Out!

No comments: