Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekend Recap!

Sorry about this being such a delay on an entry. My photos would never upload, so I kept having to wait. Friday was a great last day with the students. They were so good this past week and taught me so much. After school I took my lil sis through the big brother/big sister program to Hot Springs. We went to try on flower girl dresses for her! We did not find one while we were there, but I did find one online that i LOVE! I am sooo excited!
Here is a picture of her eating. We went to Jose's a much loved mexican restaurant in Hot Springs. She ordered Nachos... Well she ended up picking the cheese off and dipping the chips in the cheese dip.. OH WELL. Here she is eating a Sopapilla! She loved it!
Saturday I slept in and hung out. My friend Amy came down to hang out. It was nice to relax after such a busy week.
Sunday I woke up early to go to LR to meet Nathan and his dad for the LR Air Show. Before I left Amy left a little before. We get a phone call asking for her help. An elderly man had fallen walking out to his front yard to get his newspaper. Amy needed help getting him back up. We ran out there to help him. We walked him inside to a gorgeous house. He lived all alone, and was listening to the radio this morning. It broke my heart when he said that he had no one we could call because they were all gone :(
The air show was a blast. It was very long, but cool.
There was one flier that did a flight for his sister who battled breast cancer. He flew do the song "I can only imagine." He made a heart, ribbon, and cross (pictured below).
This me trying to take a cool picture in Nathan's glasses... didn't turn out as neat as a I thought.
Here we are at the air show waiting for the Thunderbirds to perform.
Inside an airplane...
Outside the plane!
It was a really fun weekend.
Yesterday and today I have had class all day (9-3) BLAH... It was fun seeing all the other student interns that we hadn't seen in a while.
Tomorrow starts my first day in 3rd grade. I will just be observing again, and finding out how the teacher runs her classroom. I am excited because the teacher is one of my pledge sisters moms!!!
I can't wait to go to 3rd grade! Be looking for a post about how my first day went!

No comments: