So I finally decided to blog! Ha. After almost a week of non blogging. I have decided to blog about my weekend/week. This weekend I went to Dallas
for the Kappas outing. We headed there, and went to six flags on saturday. It was SO much fun. Yes most of you know I am not a roller coaster rider, but I did ride a few... Especially The Batman!!!! :) It was wonderful.
I got back and mentally prepared myself for my solo teaching week (I am completely on my own. The teacher is still there, but doesn't intervene.) Monday was HORRIBLE. I left crying. I could not get the students under control. They walked all over me. That night I called Nathan bawling. Ha. I decided that Tuesday I was going to be "mean." I wasn't take nobodies crap. Ha! I walked in Tuesday, and was nit picking every little thing they did. AND IT WORKED! I had several students test me, but I wasn't taking crap from nobody. Tuesday was a better day! Wednesday was a whole lot better. They were listening more, and the pace of the lessons were going quick.
Wednesday night Kate and I had an adventure! Kate goes to have a cookie and finds a roach. We decided it was war. We went to Wal-Mart, and got the bait. Here are some pictures from this adventure! We came back from Wal-Mart and found 2 roaches on the wall hooked together...(in other words.. making babies). AHHHH At the end of the blog there is a lovely video of the adventure!
I love the pictures on the back of the Combat killer! I also found out that La Cucaracha (the song) stands for Roaches... Wow. You learn something new everyday!

Today was a great day too. They finally are listening. I hardly had anybody missing free time, or try to goof off. They weren't constantly looking around the room to see if Mrs. Prince was there. I had several students tell me today that I was a GREAT teacher. It made me smile. They said I was the best teacher they had. I also had several each day tell me that I am pretty. Ha. They are so funny. The best moment today was when we were talking about s-blends at the end of words. We were on the word Clasp. I asked if anybody knew what a clasp was. I told them that several girls wear this (I was thinking a necklace) One boy raised his hand and said, "A Bra." OH MY GOSH! The students went crazy. They started giggling and I thought they would never stop. Ha. It was a great comic relief. But he was correct bras do have clasps on them! ha. I then explained that I was thinking of a necklace, and they forgot about the whole situation! :)
After lunch I felt like i was having an esophogiam spasm (thanks The Holiday) and wouldn't be able to make it the rest of the day. I struggled up until after recess. I still was struggling though, and had severe pain in my chest.. (probably just heart burn.) One boy looked at me when I was holding my chest, and he said AH... Are you ok??? Ha. He was so worried. It was a great day when I thought it wouldn't be because there was a pep rally today! :)
I decided to delight you with a little video from last night. Sorry I have been a horrible blogger this week/weekend. It has been a crazy, but exciting week! I have probably grown more this week then I have all semester! :)
I'm ready for a relaxing weekend. Wednesday we start our next student teaching. I'll be in 3rd grade! :)
** So I tried uploading the video.. Um. It isn't working. I'll try later!
No comments:
Post a Comment