So school has started, and I promised to try to blog more often....
So let's see if I can give you an update on life since I have "failed" so far.
So school has started, and I am glad to be back in the swing of things!
My class is great, and we are learning our routines/rituals. Every day it is a reminder of how we do things, but they are starting to get the hand of it.
Friday and this morning was a blast... Our air stopped working probably around lunch time Thursday. I finally decided to put a report in Friday morning. (The air was moving, but it felt like outside air) Friday was miserable.. Imagine 25 1st graders.. plus yourself in a classroom that ended up at 84 degrees by the end of Friday. Today was worse... It was sticky outside, and sticky inside. I decided to take my class to the hallway for a game, and then our janitor came by and asked if we wanted a fan. He brought one of the big carpet drying fans, and it helped a little. At the end of recess the maintenance man met us in our room! It was fixed!!! :D
I'm gonna give you an update through pictures - the best way to update!!
Before school started I found this on pinterest. I was hoping to win it from a blog giveaway, but since I didn't I decided to make my own. It's now hanging outside my classroom!!
The weekend before school our Sunday School Class headed out to the lake for some R&R!
One of my students brought this to me the first day of school! Yes it is a real chocolate bar, and NO I haven't had to break it yet!!
Anad last! Something I am very proud of!!!! I have decided to do a different Tuesday folder distribution this year. Another teacher is doing this, so I decided to try it! My students will put any papers that they will take home (and I don't need to look at first) in the coordinating table box. Then on Tuesday folder day, they will sort their papers by table and put it in their own Tuesday Folder. If I need to check the paper then they will place in a separate bin and I will check and file in the right box.
The part that makes it really exciting is they cost me $0!!!!
I was going to get magazine holders for my students to file. When I got to Wal-mart each holder was $5 which would amount $25. I know that's not a whole lot, but still. So while looking around I saw all the boxes the school supplies come in, and thought they would be perfect.... and possibly FREE! So instead of just taking them :D I went and found someone. I then moved some stuff around, and got 5 of these boxes for free. Now they might not last as long, but hey it's working for the time being... and it's FREE!!!
I also wanted to let you know that my crockpot meals have been a success!! We still have about a weeks worth (so now our meals are going to be repeating), but we have not had a bad meal. It has been WONDERFUL to throw the food in the crockpot in the morning, and when I come home it's done! All I have to do is make sides (if needed). If you are busy/working/ or just want life to be a little easier... You should try it. This coming weekend we are going to make some more meals. The lady who we got 5 of the meals from blogged 5 more, so I believe we are going to try those as well as repeat!
I am going to try to be a little better about blogging more often, but for now.. here it is :D

1 comment:
I am loving your classroom stories! Glad your air got fixed, too. ICK! And by the way, crockpot freezer meals are sounding better and better! Are there healthy recipes to use, too?
Post a Comment