Ok.
So it's been almost a 9 months since I posted. Well, I decided to start posting since I'm now Student Teaching.
This could be a fun place to put fun sayings or funny things that happened to me while student teaching. I can then go back and reread and laugh (even if it doesn't seem funny at the time)
So to start off. Man I am TIRED!
I forgot what it was like to go to school ALL DAY. It is so tiring.
So I began my day going to the administration building and going over "official" stuff.
After that we headed to the school. I walked in and was greeted by my first grade class. They kept turning around and waving while their teacher was still teaching.
During the day I mainly observed all day. I would walk around and help students on different tasks. It was a great time to get to know the students and their names (I am HORRIBLE with names).
After a while it finally became lunch time. I got my packed lunch (I packed the night before, so I wouldn't have to wake up as early) We headed to the cafeteria. I sat with the students today. It was funny. I started to unpack my lunch and all the students around started asking, "so what do you have for lunch. Is that it?"
I pulled out my chips and one boy said, "MMM I LOVE chips!" I then pulled out my grapes and a girl said, "AHHH, I LOVE grapes!" haha
While at lunch I had several students say they would LOVE to have a food fight. (This is as they were holding up their pizza in the action of ready to aim and FIRE!) ha.
After lunch we went outside and we were on recess duty. I had one boy ask if I wanted to play basketball. (Does he not realize that I am HORRIBLE at sports) It ended up where he threw the basketball and I watched. Another boy came to coach me on by shooting skills as he said, "Use the backboard."
We went back inside and kept working on math. They worked really hard before we had to go to computer lab. After computer lab it was time for the students to head home. There are around 4 different bells so it is hard to keep track of what student goes on what bell. As we were standing there I couldn't help but laugh at one student who kept have to pull their pants up because they were too big. I was scared one time they were going to come completely down...
Once all the students left my cooperating teacher and I worked on their poetry notebooks. I then was ready to leave. I walked out the door and immediately said to Kate, "wow I could collapse right now."
We headed to wal-mart and came back to the apt and got ready to work out. I knew if I sat down for a little bit I would fall asleep and couldn't do that because then I wouldn't sleep tonight. So we worked out and then got dinner ready. (Which was great by the way! Simple but good)
Now it's time to take a shower, pack lunch, and get ready for tomorrow.
I get to read to the class during story time about a boy who ran away from home to an island!
Ha.
Oh the joys of teaching!
Just remember the thought of always wanting to have a food fight at school.. and just smile!
1 comment:
They aren't quite as funny when they are 17 and think they know it all. Then they're just annoying :) hehe
Post a Comment