Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 2


Wow what a day... You never realized how important air conditioning is until you are without it... But whose complaining. I mean... I am in London for crying out loud.

So today has been a WONDERFUL day. Woke up at 7:30am slept the majority of the night!

Ate a unique breakfast of eggs (which were normal) bacon (which reminds me of salty ham) and toast.

We then walked to a church here in London called All Souls Church.



It was a wonderful church. I just sat/stood in awe of this church. I realized the power of God. I realized the power of his word. I realized that there are Christians outside the US. His word is powerful. I mean to stand in a sanctuary (with no air conditioning) seeing several people from all races and all nations worshiping the same God I worship 8 hours away is AMAZING.

And hey they even sang 2 songs I knew... Crazy



This is the pulpit that the guy preached from. I figured Bro. Phillip wouldn't mind if we replaced his with this one.

We then ate lunch at the church. A meal that consisted of lamb, potatoes, and grean beans. Not to bad.

We then met with this group of people that go evangelize to muslims.

After the meeting we went to Speaker's Corner were we saw these people witness to muslims. The guy stands on the chair (kind of like those crazy people we always see on the streets that we just walk pass and ignore.) while he is standing there muslims get interested in there are other Christians in the crowd that can talk to them. It was very interesting. Hard to explain on a blog. It was crazy. There were several people there. These pictures don't even show.


While we were there we saw this neat thing... Not sure what it was... But it's cool

Next. My dad, me and another girl walked down one of the main roads back to the place we are staying. We stopped at a nice italian restaurant and had calamari and pizza. While we were there these musicians started to play outside it. Here they are.
That's our day. Time to get some rest for the British Museum tomorrow.

Ana


2 comments:

Mom said...

I love how you explained that neat thing!!! Kind of looks like the arch de triumph in Paris but smaller.
Glad things are going good! Have fun tomorrow!!

Katie Crow said...

Hey Ana! I love reading your blog! I hope your trip is amazing! Those English breakfasts can get a little weird...they brought me beans one day! lol...oh and enjoy the British Museum tomorrow! It was definitely one of my favorites! The Egyptian stuff in there is really cool!